Thursday, June 16, 2005

Survived Usability exam

The Usability exam was about as hard as I had thought it would, but I believe my grade will be good enough from it :-)

The site we tested was a corporate website, full of popups on whatever you clicked. This seemed very unprofessional, and I had almost three pages of remarks about it - considering every remark is around 2 rows of text that's a lot. They had links which didn't work, the text wasn't resizable, almost every link opened a new window etcetera...

Then of course the next question in the exam was more about marketing than about Usability imho. The question was about how the company should communicate their tagline to visitors. Obviously, I put a Usability-perspective on it, saying that they have to be nice to their users to get them to come back...

The third and last question was about mobile usability, considering cellphones and PDA's. This is an area I find interesting, but sadly we only had about half an hour lecture on it, and that wasn't even a good lecture. Of course I wrote things about the smaller size, battery life time etc...

In the end, I was just glad to get out of there :-) Now there's two weeks until next exam. Then it will be about Location based mobile applications in a group exam.... we're starting preparations tonight...

No comments: