Tuesday, February 21, 2006

DirectX instead of x3d

For now, I've decided to use Managed DirectX 9.0 for the project, instead of the previous thoughts of using X3D. The decision is mostly based on already using C# for the project, and therefore wanting to use this for as much as possible.

I haven't decided yet if it's better to open a new window with the DirectX content, but of course this is a simple technicality which I can wait with considering.

For anyone interested in learning Managed DirectX, I've only found one interesting book so far. There's a few sample chapters at Developers Fusion which seem interesting. However, there's a new book coming out soon, called Managed DirectX Game Programming, which should be updated with changes made to the SDK since. I've collected a few other resources (websites, articles etc.) regarding but wont publish links unless asked.

No comments: